Oikos Improvement Proposals (OIP) describe standards for the Oikos platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards.
- Review OIP-1.
- Fork the repository by visiting the OIP repo and pressing "Fork" in the top right.
- Add your OIP to your fork of the repository. There is a template OIP here.
- Submit a Pull Request to Oikos's OIP repository.
Your first PR should be a first draft of the final OIP. It must meet the formatting criteria enforced by the build (largely, correct metadata in the header). An editor will manually review the first PR for a new OIP and assign it a number before merging it. Make sure you include a
discussions-to header with the URL to a discussion forum or open GitHub issue where people can discuss the OIP as a whole.
If your OIP requires images, the image files should be included in a subdirectory of the `assets` folder for that OIP as follow:
oip/assets/oip-X (for oip X). When linking to an image in the OIP, use relative links such as
When you believe your OIP is mature and ready to progress past the
Draft phase, you should reach out to a Oikos Council member on discord by searching members with the "Oikos Council" role or finding them within the #governance channel. The Oikos Council will schedule in a call with the OIP author to go through the OIP in more detail.
Once assessed, a OIP is moved into
Feasibility and a Core Contributor is assigned. The Core Contributor will work with the author to conduct a feasibility study. Once the Author and the Core Contributor are satisfied, a OIP is moved to
OC Review Pending. Once the Oikos Council has formally reviewed the OIP during the OIP presentation they can either move it to a vote or send it back to
Feasability. A vote is conducted within the
oikos.eth snapshot space connected on the upcoming staking dApp. If a vote by the Oikos Council reaches a super majority, the OIP is moved to
Approved, otherwise it is
Once the OIP has been implemented by either the protocol DAO or the OIP author and relevant parties, the OIP is assigned the
Implemented status. Community members who successfully reach this stage are entitled to a reward from the Oikos Protocol.
OIP status terms
- Draft - The initial state of a new OIP before the Oikos Council and core contributors have assessed it.
- Feasibility - a OIP that is being assessed for feasability with an assigned Core Contributor
- OC Review Pending - a OIP that is awaiting a Oikos Council Review after the Author and Core Contributor are satisfied with feasibility
- Vote Pending - a OIP that is awaiting a vote.
- Approved - a OIP that has successfully reached a super majority Oikos Council vote in favour.
- Rejected - a OIP that has failed to reach a supermajority Oikos Council vote in favour.
- Implemented - a OIP that has been released to main-net.